WHY THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME?
AISPP is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP), and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
The Diploma Programme (DP) is a two-year international education programme that prepares students age 16–19 years for success going into, and throughout, university. The DP offers a holistic approach to teaching and learning with a focus on developing intercultural awareness. Students learn to explore and understand the world around them through inquiry, critical thinking and open-mindedness.
Parents who want the best possible education for their children choose the DP because it offers:
- a challenging academic curriculum that serves as outstanding preparation for university and higher education
- a student-centred approach to teaching, focused on developing students intellectually, emotionally physically and socially, as opposed to preparation for test-taking only
- a focus on international-mindedness, compassion, and understanding intercultural differences
- respected, reliable and world-renowned academic preparation
- Universities regularly cite DP students as the best prepared for higher education
- DP graduates excel at university and often begin their studies with advanced standing